Our waiver and registration process does not work with the Facebook IOS integrated web browser. To open this page in a "real" (native) browser:
Click the ellipses (three dots) in the lower right corner of this window. You may need to scroll the page up slightly to encourage the ellipses to appear at the bottom of the screen.
Click "Open in Browser" in the popup menu.
Continue with the waiver and registration process.
Registration opens Sunday, January 1 at 12:01 AM (Pacific Time).
To register online: sign in to your SIR member account. Don't have one? Create one. It's free!
Once you login the Register button will be visible on the right side of this page (or bottom for mobile browsers).
Registration has closed for this event. We cannot accommodate same-day registration at this time.
The online registration includes signing a responsibility waiver using the same SmartWaiver system used for RUSA Permanents.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED WAIVER IN ORDER TO START THE RIDE
Come ride with us to find out what randonneuring is about. We'll start the 2023 SIR Winter season with our Rouleur (pronounced "ruler") 100 KM RUSA Populaire (or simply Populaire). Read more about the SIR Rouleur Series here
This route, based on RUSA Permanent #3505, features smooth packed gravel and lovely views (weather permitting). It's probably ridable on 28mm tires, but 32mm or larger will make for a much more pleasant ride. There are plenty of services slightly off-route in Carnation, Snoqualmie, and North Bend. Pit toilets are availabe at the Rattlesnake Lake turn-around.
- Rider check in begins at 8 AM.
- Ride organizer’s email and mobile text number on event website
- EPP (Electronic Proof of Passage) - text or email ride organizer your Strava or RidewithGPS link within 24 hours of finishing. Controls are noted on RidewithGPS route. Photos at controls optional and recommended for backup. Brevet cards provided as an alternative.
- Road closed means road closed. We will identify a detour if needed.
- If water over roadway and no road closed sign - use appropriate caution
- Lighting & reflectivity - All participants are required to have working front and rear lights on their bicycles and meet the reflectivity guidelines as required by Article 10 of the RUSA Rules for Riders. An inspection will be conducted to ensure compliance for your safety during the ride.
- Trail - note speed limit, bollards, people, pets, bridge bumps, and branches after a wind storm
- We are using RUSA Gravel Brevet Timing: 8h 11m to finish 101 K (instead of 6h 44m, adds 1h 27m)
- Gravel and tires: your preferences and experiences may vary. Other than the occasional pothole and the edges where the gravel meets the cement bridge surface this is one of the smoothest gravel surfaces in the area.
- @ 11.8 km: CAUTION: Highway WA-203 crossing
- @ 31.1 km: Potholes on SE Mill Pond Road (after Tokul Round-about)
- @ 35 km: Potholes on gravel road around Mt Si Golf Course
- @ 41.4 km: CAUTION: SE North Bend Way crossing
- @ 51 km: Rattlesnake Lake Recreation area, take a peek around
- @ 51 km: Possible snow on paved path along the lake. If so, you may take Cedar Falls Road SE back to the trail at U-turn and head back the way you came.
- Have fun. Be safe. Let’s ride bikes!
Click here for a more detailed Pre-ride Report.
EPP – Electronic Proof of Passage
We kick off the new year with EPP for the Winter Rouleur Series. Text or email the ride organizer your Strava or RidewithGPS link within 24 hours of finishing. No results within 24 hours of finishing – no credit. Photos at controls are optional but highly recommended as an alternative EPP backup in case of a GPS track failure. Note that the ride organizer’s contact info is on this event registration page – you must be logged in to see it. The ride organizer will reply to confirm that your EPP was received. Volunteers may also be at the finish in case you want to instantly EPP validate in person. If you abandon the ride, please contact the ride organizer out of consideration for the volunteers and your emergency contact.
Free parking is available at the Duvall Park & Ride (16011 Main St NE, Duvall, WA
). Free on-street parking is also available, but try to avoid parking in front of businesses.
In the spirit of self-supported randonneuring and keeping ride fees to a minimum, food and drinks are not provided by the club for the Winter Rouleur Series. Bring your own food and beverages. Food & services are noted on the route as well.
15807 Main St NE
Duvall, WA 98019
Route and Cuesheet
Printed cuesheets will not be available at the start. You may choose to print your own. To print the cuesheet from the route page
, click the More
button, then select Print Cuesheet