Our waiver and registration process does not work with the Facebook IOS integrated web browser. To open this page in a "real" (native) browser:
Click the ellipses (three dots) in the lower right corner of this window. You may need to scroll the page up slightly to encourage the ellipses to appear at the bottom of the screen.
Click "Open in Browser" in the popup menu.
Continue with the waiver and registration process.
Registration opens Thursday, June 8 at 12:01 AM (Pacific Time).
To register online: sign in to your SIR member account. Don't have one? Create one. It's free!
Once you login the Register button will be visible on the right side of this page (or bottom for mobile browsers).
Registration has closed for this event. We cannot accommodate same-day registration at this time.
The online registration includes signing a responsibility waiver using the same SmartWaiver system used for RUSA Permanents.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED WAIVER IN ORDER TO START THE RIDE
RUSA Route #2962 "Iron Horse Trail Populaire"
Enjoy an almost car-free ride on some A+ quality gravel from North Bend up to Rattlesnake Lake and, Snoqualmie Pass, through the Snoqualmie Tunnel, and onward to Keechelus Lake and back. This 102K populaire is only about 1% asphalt so RUSA's relaxed gravel timing rules give us nearly 8.5 hours to enjoy the ride.
Good front and rear lights and reflective gear are required for the 3.6K tunnel.
Warm clothes, gloves, etc are highly recommended for the tunnel. Do not underestimate how cold it gets in there!
The ride starts at Vintage Baristas
, formerly known as Pioneer Coffee. Some of the old signs are still present, so if you see either "Vintage Baristas" or "Pioneer Coffee" then you're in the right place.
The ride finishes at:
Pour House Bar & Grill
330 W North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045
See Bill Gobie's 2023 notes here
. In particular:
- The route start has changed slightly from previous years due to increased traffic in North Bend.
- This is an "organizer ride", so no late starts. The start control closes when Bill starts riding.
- The finish is not staffed.
- EPP ONLY!
- RIDE WITH GPS ONLY! You MUST submit a publicly accessible RideWithGPS link via this form by 6:00pm on Monday, July 10.
- Text Bill after you finish the ride, or if you DNF. His number will be on the control card.
We recommend parking at the North Bend Park & Ride
, across the street from the finish.
Route and Cuesheet
Printed cuesheets will not be available at the start. You may choose to print your own. To print the cuesheet from the route page
, click the More
button, then select Print Cuesheet
- All riders are required to have read and signed a waiver (part of the online event registration) before beginning the ride.
- All riders must comply with local traffic laws as well as RUSA's Rules for Riders.
- All riders must have front and rear lights, a reflective vest or sash, and reflective ankle bands. See RUSA Article 10 for details. Be prepared to show these to the ride organizer at the start. Lights should be on during any low-light conditions (rain, fog, night, tunnels, etc).
- All riders who cannot finish a ride (DNF) must contact the organizer ASAP using the phone number on the brevet control card.
- All riders must turn in their signed brevet control card at the ride finish.
- All riders must check-in with the organizer or a volunteer at the start, the finish, at any overnight controls.